Many of us, at one time or another, have witnessed a scenario such as the one is this picture - a severe thunderstorm! This particular one, earlier this year, was very violent. So how did you react in the face of this storm? How do you react in the face of any storm? It seems that we're are the mercy of Mother Nature and we have no control over what happens.
Control is something that we have total control over. Now that sounds a little ambiguous, but if you think about it, it's really quite true. We can't control what comes to us in our lives, but we can definitely control how we react to it. Or, as I like to say, how we respond to it.
Here's my philosophy on control. I never get upset over something I can't control. Why would I? What good will it do me? Will it change anything? No! Not if it's something beyond my own control. So I go through life, observing what happens around me and to me - taking out the judgement...taking out the decision of "Is it right or wrong?".
And what's the result of this for me? It's fabulous! It's tremendous! It's wonderful! It's Life. I'm able to go through life without getting upset - about anything! Think about what that would look like in your life. Wouldn't it be more peaceful? Wouldn't it be happier? Of course it would.
So why not just make the decision to not get upset about anything you can't control. All that'll leave in your life is joy! And that is what Life is all about! Enjoy!
Cheers,
Gareth Marples
Check out our new website: www.inspirationbywondermar.com
And here's some recommended reading to help you to stay in control of your life: Wayne Dyer Excuses Begone!
No comments:
Post a Comment