Monday, August 2, 2010

Growing



Isn't it wonderful to watch flowers and plants growing? To see the progress of a miraculous program of budding and blooming? All we have to do, wherever we are, in whatever season, is to put our busy lives on pause and stop to appreciate the wonder of growth - natural growth.

That's what we, as humans, are also experiencing as we progress through Life. One of the most important lessons I've learned through my personal growth is that We Are All One. And within that One, we are all individuations - that is, individual parts joined to the whole - of All That Is. I'll give Neale Donald Walsch (my favourite author) the due credit for the word "individuations". I love it! It describes us as each one being so unique, yet at the same time, so unified in our sameness.

As we grow on our life journey, we continually come closer to Who We Are. And who are we? We are individuations of the Universe, continually attracting whatever we send out into that Universe. If we send out hate, we get hate, If we send out love, we get love.

And that reminds me that we are all Good. But how could we know if we're "good" if we hadn't experienced "bad"? That's because there's an illusionary world that was created to give us a point of relativity. It works like this:

I've felt poverty, so I know when I'm experiencing abundance.
I've felt anger, so I know when I'm experiencing peace.
I've felt depression, so I know when I'm experiencing joy.
I've felt hate, so I know when I'm experiencing love.

If we didn't have the experience of the negative, we wouldn't know what the positive is. In other words, to experience the presence of "what is", we have to have knowledge of "what is not". Otherwise, we would only know what is, if we had first experienced "what is not".

Are you confused by all this "what is", what is not" jargon? Well, first of all, I can't take credit for that, either, and, again, I give full credit to Neale Donald Walsch for the ideas. It's just plain and simple to me that as I meet life head on, and decide and choose how I'm going to respond to each situation (remember in my last blog, "react vs. respond"?), them it's easy for me to choose what works best for me, based on my experience of what doesn't work.

You've probably heard this many times before: There are no mistakes, just lessons. So that's how I grow in my life. I learn my lessons (some harder than others) by noticing and remembering "what is not", so that I may make the simple choice of "what is".

Does that make it easier for you? If not, I'd love to hear your comments. Don't hesitate it give me your feedback and input at the bottom of this blog, or of any of my blogs, for that matter.

Thanks for sharing your time with me and we'll be together again soon. In the meantime, have a blessed day and a perfect week!

Cheers,
Gareth Marples

"For those leaning on the sustaining infinite, today is big with blessings."
- Mary Baker Eddy


Brian Tracy is the leading authority on personal and professional success. I've garnered many a wise word from him. Check out his material here: Brian Tracy Audio Programs - Now all are FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment